Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Football Fun

The end of summer means something completely different to us now as adults than as children. It used to mean going back to school, seeing friends, moving out on our own in college, and giving up all that extra free time. Now it is not school and having to wake up early...now I associate it with of course the change in the weather but also the sports seasons. Having an avid sports fan as a husband you hear about these changes in sports seasons whether you really want to or not. My husband is a fan of EVERY sport and therefore I have become familiar with these changes and now actually enjoy them. 

This month it is back to football. Pre-season games have started for NFL and Fantasy Football is about to consume my husbands thoughts and conversations. Although I am not obsessed with these things like Kevin, I do enjoy watching certain teams play. I am a Dallas Cowboys fan and so basically any Cowboys game I am happy to watch. Many people think it's just going with the obviously popular team for Oklahoma since we don't have an NFL team of our own but really it's about watching them every Thanksgiving I can remember. But I'm going to be honest....when I was younger it wasn't about the football game...it was about the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. I know this is the typical little girl answer but it was true! Now that I'm older it is more about the actual football.

I had never been to an NFL game and honestly didn't think I would get to go to one for a long time because they are so expensive but a guy we know has season tickets and didn't care to go to a pre-season game so he just gave them to us. I was thrilled because I was not only getting to go to my first NFL game for free but it was to a Dallas Cowboys game! It was so much fun! A lot more fun than I expected. It is definitely something that I want to do again...and soon!

 This is Kevin and Me before the game.

We both bought shirts and stuff to wear to the game and then we saw this...


You all will quickly learn....Roxy, our puppy, is basically my child! Haha And Kevin is even worse about it so how could we resist buying our little puppy something to wear on Sundays when we watch Dallas play. 

I am excited to add a few more followers through my friend Rebekah's blog Life with the Edwards. I can't wait to get to know everyone through their blogs! She has said multiple times how wonderful you all are. And in honor of her weekly posts "What I'm Loving Wednesday" Today I'm loving blogging! I know I've only made two post but it is already so much fun!



2 comments:

  1. You guys are so cute! Haha you would buy Roxy a shirt. I bet she's super cute in it! You know I don't like football...it's already crazy in our house because of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the picture. And you'll have to send me a picture of Roxy in her little bandana!! She'll be cute as a button!!
    I'm glad Kevin has a wife who actually can get into football...Matt didn't get so lucky! haha!

    ReplyDelete