Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Diaper Cakes!

I am so excited for my nephew Karsten to be born. January 25th is the due date so it is coming up quickly! My sister had her first baby shower the week before Thanksgiving and I volunteered to make the diaper cake. I wish I was crafty so I attempt little crafts like this. I always end up disappointed in the end though because I can image these amazing things but I can never actually do them. haha 

I tried really hard on this diaper cake and I think it turned out pretty cute. My sister is doing her nursery in like a jungle theme with dark browns, greens, and reds as well as zebra and cheetah animal prints. So cute! So I decided to stick with these colors for the diaper cake. 

Roxy was watching the entire process! lol

I didn't realize how difficult it would be to find stuffed zebras and cheetahs. I looked everywhere and never found one! So I decided on the little finger puppets to put on it. It took me about 3 hours to make it even though it doesn't look like it by the final project. Haha


I didn't even get a picture of it at the shower! My sister is supposed to post some pictures from the shower so I'll try to post one with the topper then. For the topper I went with these cute little brown socks and mittens with little bears on them. I can't wait for Karsten to get to wear them!

1 comment:

  1. For some reason I'm just now seeing this post! The cake looked darling!! I love the little animals you put on it!!

    ReplyDelete