Thursday, March 29, 2012

You and Me

Those of you that know me know I LOVE MUSIC. I have never been a big poetry fan but I love the poetry in song lyrics. These are amazing lyrics from one of my favorite songs and I thought I would share them. I wish I knew how to attach a song but you'll just have to deal with the lyrics by themselves. 


Wanna pack your bags, Something smallTake what you need and we disappearWithout a trace we'll be gone, goneThe moon and the stars can follow the carand then when we get to the oceanWe're gonna take a boat to the end of the worldAll the way to the end of the world

Oh, and when the kids are old enoughWe're gonna teach them to fly

You and me together, we could do anything, BabyYou and me together yes, yesYou and me together, we could do anything, Baby You and me together yes, yes

You and I, we're not tied to the groundNot falling but rising like rolling aroundEyes closed above the rooftopsEyes closed, we're gonna spin through the starsOur arms wide as the skyWe gonna ride the blue all the way to the end of the worldTo the end of the world

Oh, and when the kids are old enoughWe're gonna teach them to fly

You and me together, we could do anything, BabyYou and me together yes, yesYou and me together, we could do anything, BabyYou and me together yes, yes

We can always look back at what we didAll these memories of you and me babyBut right now it's you and me forever girlAnd you know we could do better than anything that we didYou know that you and me, we could do anything

You and me together, we could do anything, BabyYou and me together yeah, yeahTwo of us together, we could do anything, babyYou and me together yeah, yeahTwo of us together yeah, yeahTwo of us together, we could do anything, baby

Something small, told her, at least to the end of the world
-You and Me, Dave Matthews Band

No comments:

Post a Comment