So today at work was a very interesting day to walk into. My store is a smaller store so we do not have a full-time or lead stock. If you haven't worked in retail the job of the FT or lead stock is to manage the back so receiving and processing shipment, pulling items from backstock to be put out on the floor, etc. Since we don't have one it is my job as the manager to assign sales associates to complete these task while still meeting the expectations that are expected of them out on the floor... In other words MULTI-TASK! :) It really isn't too bad because we are a small store so on average we only receive 1 to 5 boxes a day. NOT THE PAST TWO DAYS! The picture below was what was delivered yesterday... 26 boxes!
I thought this was an insane amount of boxes but little did I know that we would be receiving another 24 boxes today! That's over 2,000 items that have to be scanned, censored, and put out on the floor or folded and put up in the stock room. Pretty sure we will be working on all this for the rest of the week if not into next week! Can't wait to see how many get delivered tomorrow!

That is crazy! Haha gotta love times like that!
ReplyDeleteHere are your choices-
ReplyDelete50 boxes to inventory, or 30ish kids to teach.
Hahahaha! I bet I know which one you'll choose!