I showed you all this picture the other day and I told you that I wanted to try and do it for my bedroom wall.
Well, I did it and I'm actually pretty proud of it. I thought I would walk you through the steps I took to do it.
Step 1 - Buy cheap dollar frames at the Dollar Tree. I chose black frames because the furniture in our bedroom is all black. I do love the lighter frames though.
Step 2 - Pick out some fun scrapbook paper at your local Hobby Lobby. I couldn't find enough individual papers to work so I bought this book with 180 pages. Figured it was a good purchase since they were having their 50% off on all scrapbook supplies... cost me $10.
Step 3 - Select the paper you want to use cut them down to size. Most picture frames are not the same size as a standard scrapbook paper so it will take some quick adjusting.
Step 4 - Place your newly cut paper into your dollar frames.
Step 5 - Hang your new wall art!
I decided to leave a little space between each picture because you can't expect dollar frames to be perfectly straight on all the edges! Haha I found this out after I had hammered in a few nails..but what can you do?
These pictures don't really do it justice since they were taken with my crapy phone but you get the idea. It was actually a fun and easy little craft!


Cute! All my crafts are on hold until HL opens next month!
ReplyDeleteI like that!!! We don't have a headboard so I may try this to take up some of the blank space above the bed!
ReplyDelete